Related Shows She Loves Me Show Closed This production ended its run on July 10, 2016 View Comments Well, this is one way to wake up. She Loves Me picked up eight Tony nominations this week including Best Revival and Best Supporting Actress in a Musical for Jane Krakowski. The stage and screen star, along with costar Gavin Creel, stopped by The Today Show on May 5 to chat about—and perform a number from—the tuner. “We’re having such a wonderful, joyful, time over at Studio 54,” said Krakowski. “She’s a dream,” Creel added. “We’re having a great time together.” Check out their delicious “Ilona” below (including Krakowski’s now infamous splits); the production, also starring 2016 Tony nominees Laura Benanti and Zachary Levi, is running through July 10. Gavin Creel & Jane Krakowski
Odom and Parr got engaged in November 2019, just three months after they first stepped out in Atlanta together. In August, the pair announced via Instagram that their wedding was set to occur in Miami on November 11, 2021.Earlier this month, however, Parr revealed that the twosome had chosen to pump the brakes on their romance. “Y’all know I’m honest and transparent so I have to be the first to let you guys know that I am no longer engaged to Lamar,” she wrote an Instagram Story post on November 4. “This has been a difficult decision for me to make but it is the best for myself and my children.”The Cleveland native then suggested that Odom needed to work on himself, adding: “Lamar has some things that he alone has to work through. I love him dearly but I am no longer able to be by his side while he seeks the help he so desperately needs. I wish him all the best and I am asking that you pray for everyone involved.”- Advertisement – – Advertisement – “Made it in time for our one year anniversary,” she captioned the pic, adding a kissy-face and a prayer-hands emoji.Lamar Odom and Sabrina Parr. MEGAAdditionally, Parr reflected on the day that Odom popped the question. “😫 😫 just a year ago today… me and Lamar got engaged!!!” she wrote on her Stories, sharing a video of the moment following the proposal. “Everyone thought that the proposal happened at the restaurant, but it actually happened privately BEFORE we got to the restaurant! That will forever be our little secret.”In her next Instagram Story update, the fitness trainer shared a video where she revealed her plans to go on a “quick little getaway.” The clip showed her wearing the same shirt as the pic of the former Los Angeles Lakers player kissing her cheek.- Advertisement – During their engagement, Parr revealed that the couple chose to abstain from sex until marriage. “Him and I don’t even have sex, believe that or not,” she told Hollywood Life on December 11. “Once Lamar got saved, he developed a relationship with a pastor and there’s a lot of things he just wants to grow, areas he wants to grow in, and things he wants to improve on as a man. And as a man, the pastor suggested to him, it’s not godly if Christians like to have sex before marriage.”Odom was married to Khloé Kardashian from 2009 until they split in 2013. Though their divorce was put on hold in 2015 after he suffered a near-fatal overdose, they finalized the case in 2016.The former athlete shares daughter Destiny, 22, and son Lamar Jr., 18, with ex Liza Morales.Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories! Giving love another try? Lamar Odom and Sabrina Parr celebrated the one-year anniversary of their engagement one week after calling it quits.On Wednesday, November 11, the duo took to their Instagram Stories to reflect on their relationship. Odom, 41, reshared a photo that Parr, 33, posted of the retired NBA star kissing her on the cheek.- Advertisement –
And UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres, who addressed the gathering by video message because of the pandemic, warned that “the only way to totally eliminate nuclear risk is to totally eliminate nuclear weapons”.The bomb attack on Hiroshima killed around 140,000 people, many of them instantly, with others perishing in the weeks and months that followed, suffering radiation sickness, devastating burns and other injuries.Three days later, the United States dropped a second atomic bomb on Nagasaki, where 74,000 people were killed. ‘Unspeakable horror’ “Just storing a pile of records… is meaningless,” said Kazuhisa Ito, the secretary general of No More Hibakusha Project, an NGO that compiles documents and testimonial accounts from survivors.”What we want is to engage young people with this issue and exchange views with them, globally,” he told AFP.The historical assessment of the bombings remains the subject of some controversy. The United States has never apologized for the bombings, which many see as having brought an end to the war.Japan announced its surrender just days later on August 15, 1945, and some historians argue the bombings ultimately saved lives by avoiding a land invasion that might have been significantly more deadly.But in Japan, the attacks are widely regarded as war crimes because they targeted civilians indiscriminately and caused unprecedented destruction.In 2016, Barack Obama became the first sitting US president to visit Hiroshima, where he offered no apology but embraced survivors and called for a world free of nuclear weapons.Hiroshima and Nagasaki were key stops on Pope Francis’s first trip to Japan last year, where he denounced the “unspeakable horror” of the attacks.Topics : Japan on Thursday marked 75 years since the world’s first atomic bomb attack, with the coronavirus pandemic forcing a scaling back of ceremonies to remember the victims.Survivors, relatives and a handful of foreign dignitaries attended this year’s main event in Hiroshima to pray for those killed or wounded in the bombing and call for world peace. But the general public was kept away, with the ceremony instead broadcast online. Participants, many of them dressed in black and wearing face masks, offered a silent prayer at exactly 8:15 am (2315 GMT Wednesday), the time the first nuclear weapon used in wartime was dropped over the city.Speaking afterwards, Hiroshima mayor Kazumi Matsui warned against the nationalism that led to World War II and urged the world to come together to face global threats, like the coronavirus pandemic.”We must never allow this painful past to repeat itself. Civil society must reject self-centered nationalism and unite against all threats,” he said.Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, who has been criticized by some for his attempts to revise a key pacifist clause of the country’s constitution, pledged in his address to “do my best for the realization of a world without nuclear weapons and peace for all time”. ‘No one can escape’Many of the traditionally somber events to mark the anniversary have been cancelled because of the pandemic, a global threat that carries an all-too-familiar fear for some survivors, including 83-year-old Keiko Ogura, who lived through the Hiroshima bombing.With the outbreak of the virus, “I recall the fear I felt right after the bombing… no one can escape”, she told journalists last month. She too urged people around the world to recognize the need to fight common challenges as one.”Whether it’s the coronavirus or nuclear weapons, the way to overcome it is through solidarity among mankind,” she said.The landmark anniversary this year underscores the dwindling number of bomb survivors, known in Japan as “hibakusha”, many of whom suffered physically and psychologically after the attack.Those who remain were mostly infants or young children at the time, and their work to keep the memory of the bombings alive and call for a ban on nuclear weapons has taken on increasing urgency as they age.Activists and survivors have created archives of everything from the recorded testimony of hibakusha to their poems and drawings.But many fear interest in the bombings is fading as they recede beyond the horizon of lived experience and into history.
“[W]e are pleased to invest alongside Dasos and EIB in this initiative which is very consistent with our mandate and with government policy,” he said in a statement.“It will create a better structure to support availability of timber from Ireland’s private forestry estate and will seek to support greater afforestation levels.”The new investment was announced in County Wicklow in Ireland today.Speaking at the event, Ireland minister Andrew Doyle said: “The mobilisation of timber from privately owned forests is a key objective of my department and this investment fund will make a significant contribution towards achieving this goal.”The EIB’s involvement is backed by the European Fund for Strategic Investment, the lynchpin of the European Commission’s plan to boost economic growth and job creation in the EU. The EIB says it is one of the world’s largest financiers for forests, and has invested €4.5bn in forest-related projects across Europe and worldwide over the past five years.According to a statement announcing the new initiative, the Dasos fund is targeting the development of a portfolio of around 10,000 hectares of forests by supporting direct land acquisition, lease contracts, afforestation, and other forms of land management.It “will seek to address issues faced by small scale forests across the country by working to improve forest management and strengthen the supply of wood for commercial use”, the statement said.There are an estimated 19,500 private owners of small forests in Ireland, according to the statement.Separately, a new life science fund backed by ISIF announced a first close of €100m today.The Seroba Life Sciences Fund III invests in life science companies in Ireland, the UK, and other European markets, although a “limited” number of investments may also be made in the US. ISIF’s O’Callaghan said: “The Irish life sciences sector is of critical importance to Ireland’s economic prosperity and ISIF is delighted to continue to support Seroba as a key component of the domestic healthcare venture capital landscape, through our investment in Fund III.”The new fund’s first investment is in Endotronix Ireland Limited, a subsidiary of a medtech and digital health company, Endotronix Inc. Read more about the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund’s portfolio in the February issue of IPE Magazine. Ireland’s sovereign wealth fund is investing €55m in Irish forestry via a new fund that is also being backed by the European Investment Bank (EIB).The EIB is investing €28.5m in the fund, which is aiming to make €112m of investment in privately owned forests in Ireland.The new fund is called The Foraois Limited Partnership and is run by Dasos, a Finland-based “pan-European forest investment fund”.Eugene O’Callaghan, director of the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), said forestry “is a natural asset class for long-term, patient capital investors”.
US energy company Kinder Morgan is to launch another small-scale liquefaction unit at its nearly $2 billion Elba Island LNG plant in Georgia. Kinder Morgan owns 51 percent of Elba LNG while EIG Global Energy Partners holds a 49 percent stake. Worth mentioning here, the terminal has earlier this year shut three trains following a fire in a mixed refrigerant compressor at the second unit. Elba Island has already six moveable modular liquefaction system (MMLS) units in operation while the seventh train is still in commissioning mode. Image: Kinder Morgan The company has requested an authorization from US FERC to place into service the eighth Elba Island liquefaction unit on July 13. The export project has a 20-year contract with the Hague-based LNG giant Shell. Once in full production, the plant will have in total ten trains with a capacity of 2.5 million tonnes per year. Kinder Morgan previously said it expected to place all of the remaining units in service before the end of the summer this year.
Marlborough Express 29 Oct 2012Family violence is making New Zealand an unattractive place to live and New Zealanders need to front up to it, the principal family court judge says.Judge Peter Boshier also used one of his last public speeches before stepping down as principal family court judge to call for a new family violence charge to increase punishments and raise awareness, saying the situation was ”untenable”.Speaking at the Women’s Refuge Whanau of Tomorrow conference in Blenheim on Saturday, Judge Boshier said there was a view among New Zealanders that family violence was not as bad as other forms of violence, and Kiwis readily resorted to it.The country needed to ”get real” about the size and the effects of the problem.”Our intolerance and aggression is unacceptable. In my time as a judge I have dealt with thousands of family violence cases. The intensity and range of abuse is deplorable and at times I have felt deeply affected by what I have read.”Time and time again we need to give messages that family violence is harmful, that it injures our country and that it has enormous consequences,” he said.One step to reducing the problem would be to introduce a charge of family violence, he said.People committing family violence in New Zealand were seeing charges against them ”dumbed down” by overworked prosecutors reducing charges to secure guilty pleas, and there was too little support for victims in court, he said.Because of the way convictions are recorded judges were also unable to tell if a person’s previous convictions were for domestic violence and what the relationship with the victim was, meaning the judges were missing out on crucial information about a person’s past behaviour and the risk they posed to others.http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news/7876887/Family-violence-sickens-judge
How do you feel about the Reds catching position? With Devin Mesoraco returning and Tucker Barnhart both on the active roster, the Reds must decide who is number 1 and who is number 2. Neither of these two have played any position besides catching in their pro careers.Both Tucker and Devin have stated that they will try any position the Reds ask them to play. Mesoraco has tried left field in spring training, but never in an actual game. Barnhart is the best defensive catcher, but does not have the power that Mesoraco has for hitting. I personally would like to see Barnhart be the number 1 catcher and Mesoraco try an outfield position. Right now the Reds outfield looks set, and one of these two catchers may be used as trade material. I hope not.
2018-2019 ORVC Girls Basketball All-Conference Team members, Mental Attitude Award winner, Team Champions (Varsity & Reserve) and Coach of the Year have been named.ORVC-19GBBACCongratulations to all!!Courtesy of ORVC Recorder Travis Calvert.
April 3, 2020 ___Former marathon world record holder Wilson Kipsang was among 20 people arrested in Kenya for locking themselves in a bar and drinking alcohol in breach of a curfew imposed because of the coronavirus pandemic.Police say the 2012 Olympic bronze medalist was among those detained at a police station in Iten, one of Kenya’s famous high-altitude towns where distance runners train. They were in breach of a 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew. The group included a local politician.Kipsang, who is also a police officer, was provisionally suspended this year from track and field and charged with doping offenses that include tampering with doping samples. He has also won the New York, London and Berlin marathons.Twelve athletes were arrested in Iten earlier this week for breaching Kenyan government regulations on social gatherings during the COVID-19 crisis. The runners were arrested for training in a group, which has been banned in Kenya. Training camps have been shut down and athletes must train alone. The nine-day Swiss race was scheduled to run from June 6-14 and is designed to give riders a chance to prepare for the three-week Tour de France. The French race is still scheduled to start on June 27.Colombian rider Egan Bernal won in Switzerland last year ahead of his first Tour de France title.Organizers in Switzerland say its “the first time since the Second World War that the traditional event will not take place.”They say “the risk of additional strain on the Swiss health system due to possible crashes during racing is high.”___ Associated Press The Latest: Tour de Suisse cycling race canceled Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The Tour de Suisse has been canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic, removing one of the few cycling events left on the calendar before the Tour de France is due to start. ___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 The Russian anti-doping agency is preparing to freeze all testing until May to comply with new government measures shutting down work deemed non-essential.RUSADA deputy CEO Margarita Pakhnotskaya tells The Associated Press that her agency is looking for possible exemptions to instructions from President Vladimir Putin for all Russians except those working in essential sectors to stay home through April 30.Pakhnotskaya says in a text message that she “will check on Monday the possibility to receive special permission” from government bodies for staff to collect samples from athletes. There will be no testing this month if that isn’t granted.Testing has been suspended since March 27 under a previous round of measures.Isolation measures around the world have led to a sharp drop in anti-doping tests. That’s led to warnings that some athletes could take advantage of the situation. The World Anti-Doping Agency says it is trying to track gaps in testing.
The Premier League have announced September 12 as the start date for the 2020/21 season.The date was agreed after a meeting with stakeholders on Friday, with the announcement made on the Premier League’s official twitter page.Premier League Shareholders today agreed to start the 2020/21 #PL season on 12 SeptemberThe final match round of the campaign will take place on 23 MayThe Premier League will continue to consult with @FA and @EFL regarding the scheduling of all domestic competitions pic.twitter.com/AE21rTqiwK— Premier League (@premierleague) July 24, 2020The final round of matches for next season will be played on May 23, 2021.The announcement means, teams will have at most 3 weeks of preseason before the new season commences, with the UEFA Champions League final set for August 23.Liverpool were crowned league champions, for the first time in 30 years on Wednesday after 5 -3 win over Chelsea at Anfield.