Home / Daily Dose / Industry Veteran of 35 Years Announces Retirement The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Previous: Counsel’s Corner: Challenges and Changes in Servicing Next: Politics, Housing, and its Impact on Foreign Buyers Sign up for DS News Daily Print This Post Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Share Save Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago After more than 12 years of service, ProVest CRO Victor Draper has announced he will be stepping down, DS News has learned. Draper has spent more than 35 years in the mortgage default industry and says he will continue to support the sector in retirement. Draper recently spoke to DS News about his career, discussing his accomplishments, most important lessons learned, and how the industry has changed over the years.In a statement, Draper said, “After more than 35 years in the mortgage default industry, I am excited to see what the next chapter in life may hold. I am looking forward to spending quality time with my wife, Deanna, my four children, and my granddaughter.”Draper credits one of his most significant accomplishments as “putting together a team of people with different thoughts and ideas and watching them collaborate, respect, and learn from their differences and accomplish great things.”Prior to his time at ProVest, Draper operated Universal Default Services (UDS), a New York-based process-service and skip-tracing firm that was acquired by ProVest in January 2007. Before that, he led the default services department at Countrywide Financial Corporation. According to Draper, his time at ProVest strongly benefited from the lessons he learned earlier in his career, working in default servicing.“Understanding the entire life cycle of a mortgage default allowed me to zone in and focus on a specific and critical process within that cycle,” Draper said. “Every day a loan is in default creates a greater risk and increases potential loss. I knew that performing the service of process and skip-tracing with the utmost speed and quality would be paramount to minimizing that risk and loss.”Draper looked back on several momentous changes during his time in the industry, most notably, in the area of collaboration.“I am thankful for the enhanced collaboration between servicers, law firms, and vendors in recent years,” Draper told DS News. “Not just across these lines but also within each sector. Law firms are collaborating with other law firms on how to best represent the industry and their collective clients. While there is still aggressive competition, the spirit of cooperation is now the best I have ever witnessed.”“Victor Draper has committed more than three decades of his life to serving the mortgage industry and the American homeowner,” said Ed Delgado, President & CEO, Five Star Global. “He leaves the industry better and stronger than he found it, and I congratulate him for a noteworthy career and wish him the best in his future endeavors.” The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Industry Veteran of 35 Years Announces Retirement About Author: Seth Welborn Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago July 17, 2019 2,303 Views Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago ProVest Victor Draper 2019-07-17 Seth Welborn Tagged with: ProVest Victor Draper Related Articles Seth Welborn is a Reporter for DS News and MReport. A graduate of Harding University, he has covered numerous topics across the real estate and default servicing industries. Additionally, he has written B2B marketing copy for Dallas-based companies such as AT&T. An East Texas Native, he also works part-time as a photographer. Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, Loss Mitigation, News The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Subscribe
Press Association But crucially, having already lost loan signing Danny Rose following his return to Tottenham, they sold Simon Mignolet to Liverpool and, on deadline day, Stephane Sessegnon to West Brom. It meant they had lost arguably three of their most effective players. Even after Saturday’s reverse at the Hawthorns, where he spoke to travelling fans from the pitch following the final whistle, Di Canio was remaining upbeat. He said: “One game, one win, will clean all the players’ brains from the problems they have now.” Former Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn, who also played for and briefly managed the club, believes extrovert Di Canio’s management style may have been his downfall. “It’s a quick decision; some will say too quick,” Quinn told Sky Sports News. “They’re making a quick decision on this again and looking back, the support Paolo Di Canio got in the summer with the players he brought in, I honestly thought he was going to get longer no matter the start. “If we start to peel the layers off in the coming days and find out what life was like under him from various players, you’ll probably see a story that says this was a guy who did things in a totally unique way and by the looks of things the players weren’t buying into it.” Di Canio kept Sunderland in the Barclays Premier League last season but that bought him no favour on Sunday evening when the club announced they and the Italian had parted company. Given that Di Canio was eager to carry on and lift the team off the bottom of the Premier League table, it was clear Sunderland were the instigators of the decision. Sunderland will step up their search for a new manager this week after Paolo Di Canio’s turbulent tenure was brought to an end. The 45-year-old’s departure was confirmed a little more than 24 hours after a 3-0 defeat at West Brom. A statement said: “Sunderland AFC confirms that it has parted company with head coach Paolo Di Canio this evening.” Former Sunderland captain Kevin Ball, currently on the club’s coaching staff, steps in to lead the team on a short-term basis, with the club saying a permanent replacement for Di Canio will be announced “in due course”. Bookmakers immediately rated former Chelsea and West Brom manager Roberto Di Matteo as favourite, narrowly ahead of Gus Poyet, previously boss at Brighton. Di Canio arrived on Wearside amid a blaze of publicity in March as owner Ellis Short took a gamble on the former Swindon boss after deciding to end Martin O’Neill’s spell in charge. It proved a controversial appointment as critics cited reports of his alleged fascist sympathies, prompting the club to make a stout defence of their new manager. He steered the club to Premier League survival but one point from five games at the start of the current season has convinced Short to make another change. Sunderland recruited 14 new players during the summer transfer window, several for the first-team squad but others for the development ranks.
Lausanne, Switzerland | AFP | Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter called for an investigation into his successor Gianni Infantino, after Switzerland’s Attorney General admitted meeting the current boss of world football’s governing body.The attorney general, Michael Lauber, told journalists earlier on Wednesday that his meetings with current FIFA boss Infantino were “normal and regular, especially in complex cases”.The Football Leaks website alleges that Infantino offered favours to a senior Swiss prosecutor, Rinaldo Arnold, in a bid to foster a relationship with Lauber, possibly to obtain privileged information about the FIFA probe.Lauber added that his office was disclosing the meetings for the sake of “transparency”.According to Football Leaks, the informal meetings occurred in the spring of 2016, a few months after Infantino took charge of FIFA and vowed to restore its credibility, which had been shaken by the corruption-plagued 17-year leadership of Blatter.The body that oversees Lauber’s office, known as the AS-MPC, told AFP on Wednesday that while Lauber was not under investigation, it was examining the propriety of the meetings between Infantino and the attorney general.Blatter reacted to Wednesday’s news by telling AFP: “The FIFA Ethics Committee… must do something and open an investigation into Mr Infantino.“Where is the transparency preached by Mr Infantino during his election? He should report himself to the Ethics Committee to show that he is transparent.” Blatter added: “Infantino met Mr Lauber several times, whereas I have been questioned by him just once since a procedure against me was opened in September 2015.”Switzerland has pursued some 25 individual cases since a raid on a luxury hotel in Zurich in May 2015 led to the arrests of a number of FIFA executives and exposed the corrupt underbelly of world football.In addition to Blatter, the high-profile targets of Swiss investigators include FIFA’s former secretary general Jerome Valcke and Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the powerful Qatari national and media executive who is the president of French giants Paris Saint-Germain.None of the Swiss cases have moved to trial, but Lauber rejected criticism that his office was working slowly, noting that several could be closed next year or referred to court.In a separate case, Lauber’s spokesman has become the target of a grievance filed by former UEFA chief and French football great Michel Platini.Platini was implicated in the Blatter probe over a questionable payment the Frenchman received from FIFA, but he was never named in a criminal allegation.Platini’s Geneva-based lawyer, Vincent Solari, told AFP that prosecution spokesman Andre Marty had engaged in “actions” detrimental to Platini, without providing further details.Solari said he had filed an “administrative complaint” against Marty with the oversight body AS-MPC.Share on: WhatsApp