first_imgREPORTSOld Orchard Saturday Division Drumbar F.C. 1 Arranmore United 5Drumbar started the brighter of the two teams having a shot rebound off the post from Ciaran Nixon. Arranmore took the lead through an excellent piece of football, a cross from the right winger from the half way line landed on the toe of Gavin Mc Glanaghey who didn’t need a second touch and finished it very well past the Drumbar keeper. Arranmore built from here with Mc Glanaghey causing plenty of trouble for the Drumbar defence and he duly added another two goals. Ray Balogun gave the home side some hope before half time with a great touch, turn and finish from the edge of the box. The second half started much the same with Drumbar dominating but once again Arranmore scored a 4th to kill the game off. Mc Glanaghey added a 4th for himself and a 5th for Arranmore late on. Referee: Ed Moore Man of the Match: Gavin Mc GlanagheyMulroy Celtic 3 Drumkeen United 5(No Report Submitted)Glencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionErne Wanderers Reserves 0 Donegal Town Reserves 0Great playing conditions at the Lakeside made for some entertaining football in this local derby, and as a derby should be, no team was giving and inch. The home side had the better of the chances with some well timed tackles preventing Wanderers taking a lead into the break. An injury to Niall Mc Kee forced Wanderers to make a change at half time with Micky Gahan taking to the pitch. The second half started well for Erne who continued to create chances but couldn’t find the net with Stephen McLaughlin hitting the crossbar and Cian Dolan having an effort from 30yards tapped over by the keeper. Erne were solid at the back throughout the game and earned their first clean sheet of the season. Man of the Match: Shane Goan who had a great performance at Left Back for Erne.St. Catherines Reserves 1 Keadue Rovers Reserves 1St. Catherines hosted Keadue Rovers in Emerald on a perfect day for football. Keadue started brightest and put a youthful St. Catherines under pressure. The “Saints” defence held out until the 25th minute when Corey Gallagher headed home from a corner. Brandon Mc Brearty and Daniel O’ Keeney both had chances to put “Saints” level before half time but they were off target with their shots. St. Catherines started strongest in the second half and were back on level terms in the 60th minute when Donal McGuire tapped home after a defensive error. Both teams had chances to win the match but couldn’t find a winner. Referee John Mc GlanagheyMilford United Reserves 7 Curragh Athletic Reserves 0Milford got their first win of the season after a fine performance in a game they dominated from start to finish. Milford took the lead in the 20th minute with JJ Fleming tapping in after good work from Lee Burke. The second came from the penalty spot, Brendan Murray smashing home to make it 2-0 at halftime. It was 3-0 in the 50th minute after JJ Fleming broke the offside trap to round the keeper and tap in again. He then completed his hat-trick, heading home at the back post impressively. Lee Burke made it 5-0 finishing off a fine cross from Brendan Murray. He then returned the favour with Murray heading home a Burke cross. Jamie Whelan finished the scoring in the 85th minute, drilling home from the edge of the box to round off a good day for Milford. Best for Milford was PJ Hagan, Brendan Murray and JJ Fleming. Team effort from Curragh.Drumoghill FC Reserves 2 Glenree United Reserves 0Drumoghill came out on top in this one but it wasn’t till the hour mark before this game came to life when Drumoghill finally found a way past a solid Glenree defence. Richard Tinney won possession in the middle and with a quick one two with Kevin Higgins played Mark Gibson through on goal and the big striker made no mistake chipping the ball over the advancing keeper. Goal number two arrived ten minutes later when Gibson turned provider, he slotted a ball in behind the defence for John O’ Kane to run on to and fire high into the top corner. Glenree to their credit never gave up with Kyle Doherty and Marty Cullen putting in a fine shift in the middle. John Doherty also had a fine free kick well saved as Drumoghill’s Micheal Toner got his finger tips to it to force it onto the post as it was sailing into the top corner Best for Glenree were John and Kyle Doherty with a good team performance from Drumoghill. Referee: Seamus Mc GroaryCappry Rovers Reserves 1 Castlefin Celtic Reserves 5Castlefin took the lead in the 5th minute when Matthew O’Rourke finished well. Castlefin made it 2-0 when Mathew O’Rourke scored from inside the box. Cappry came back into the game and could have had a penalty when one of the Castlefin defenders seemed to handle the ball inside the box. Cappry went close to getting a goal back when James Long played Conor Laverty through, he brought a fine save from the keeper. Cappry did get a goal back when Conor Laverty finished well from the edge of the box. Castlefin made it 3-1 when Matthew O’Rourke scored with a fine free kick from 25 yards. O’Rourke got his 4th in the 72nd minute with another smart finish. Conor Dalton added a 5th for the away side in the 83rd minute with a great run and finish. Referee: George ClintonBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionMilford United 1 Glenea United 1Milford and Glenea played out a draw in perfect conditions. Milford took lead after 15 minutes when Cathal Mc Gettigan scored. Glenea equalised through Dean Gallagher. Milford pushed hard for a winner but Glenea defended well with Paul Sweeney outstanding. Good team effort from Milford.Gweedore Celtic 2 Castlefin Celtic 1Gweedore recorded their second league victory on the trot after seeing off Castlefin in a very tight contest. The home team dominated proceedings early on and scored as early as the 17th minute. Eugene Ferry started the move from right back and his ball through to Brendan Mc Geady caught out the Castlefin defence. From Mc Geady’s cross midfielder Damien O Sullivan applied the finishing touch. While Gweedore dominated the possession stakes it was the away team who almost snatched the equaliser when Emmet White’s free kick rattled the Gweedore crossbar and was cleared to safety. However White was not to be outdone as he hit a thirty yard equaliser on the stroke of half time. The second half lacked the quality of the first as both teams went in search of a winner. Twice Mc Kelvey saved certain goal chances for the home team whilst Gweedore spurned a number of chances themselves. The winner for Gweedore arrived with ten minutes remaining when Jamie Boyle weaved his way past a static defence to finish to the net. Gweedore had good performances from Paul Mc Bride, Shane Porter and young Padraig Gallagher. For Castlefin Emmet White was best. Referee: Paddy Duffy. A minutes silence was observed before kick-off for Anita Maloney, cousin of Gweedore keeper Chris Sweeney who tragically passed away during the week.Cappry Rovers 0 Rathmullan Celtic 0This game was played in good conditions at Cappry Park. There was very little between these two. In the 21st minute Eamon Sheridan went close with a snap shot from inside the box. The home side had a claim for a penalty when Aaron Kelly appeared to be fouled inside the box. The home side again went close when Rory Dunleavy’s cross found Kyle Lafferty but his effort went over the bar. The 2nd half started with the home team pressing trying to get in front. Kyle Lafferty had another chance in the 53rd minute but saw his effort go wide. Rathmullan defended well and were always dangerous on the break. Cappry went close again in the 78th minute when Darren O’ Leary saw his effort cleared off the line. Rathmullan went close again when Dara Patton hit a fine drive from 25 yards which went just wide. Neither team could get a winner in the final 10 minutes. Two team performances. Referee: Joe Mc HughDrumoghill FC 2 Kilmacrennan Celtic 1Marcus Oliver picked up from where he left off last week with another double to sink the men from Kilmacrennan Celtic. Oliver struck twice during the opening 45 minutes to put side into control, but Christy Conaghan’s second half penalty set up a frantic finale before Michael Lynch’s men held on for another vital victory. The first half was an entertaining affair, with both sides looking lively. Oliver opened the scoring on 18 minutes and doubled the lead shortly afterwards after being sent clear by Christopher’s through ball. The visitors had no option but to throw numbers forward in the second half in their search for the goal that would bring them back into the game. Their bravery was rewarded when referee Marty Quinn adjudged Ethan McCready to have used his hands to block Timmy Burke’s effort inside the penalty area and awarded the penalty on 62 minutes. Conaghan made no mistake and reduced the arrears to the minimum. Kilmacrennan applied a lot of pressure in the final few minutes but Paul McCauley was equal to anything they could throw at them. He made one brilliant save from Timmy Burke in the 89th minute to ensure his side held on for the three points.St. Catherines FC 1 Kildrum Tigers 1The reigning Champions entertained the Tigers of Kildrum at Emerald Park on Sunday afternoon. The first half produced no goals as the sides cancelled each other out. Ryan Mc Hugh put the hosts ahead early in the second half but the advantage was short lived as Conor Crossan equalised shortly afterwards. It ended in a share of the spoils.Watson Hire Division OneCranford United 0 Donegal Town 9Donegal Town started well and took early control of this match. They had a comfortable 3 nil lead at half time, and went on again in the second half, with David Graham scoring 4 second half goals.Keadue Rovers 7 Kerrykeel ‘71 FC 0Keadue Rovers hit something of a lengthy purple patch when Kerrykeel’71 F.C. visited Central Park on Sunday afternoon. Donal Rodgers was the main protagonist hitting a first half hat0trick and adding two more in the second half. Shaun Burns and Hugh Boyle added one apiece to give the final scoreline a real gloss, if you support Keadue Rovers that is.Bonagee United 1 Raphoe Town 1Raphoe took the lead on seven minutes when a corner from the right fell to Emmett Kelly who shot home from six yards. Glen Rainey for the home side saw his header from ten yards on twelve minutes well saved by Keelan Gillen. Eamon Cannon also saw his strike from twenty yards saved by Gillen on twenty five minutes after a great through ball from Rainey. Stephen Laird came close for the visitors on forty seven minutes but his strike from the edge of the box went just wide of the post. Bonagee levelled the match on the hour when a Sean Crossan cross from the left to the back post was headed home from six yards by Shane Kelly. Raphoe had chances through Chris Bogle, Stephen Laird, and Jamie Gallagher but all failed to find the target. Bonagee had two great efforts from Eamon Cannon but Stephen Cunningham who replaced Gillen in goal midway through the second half made two brilliant saves. Team effort by both sides. Referee: Michael Mc Fadden.Convoy Arsenal 2 Lagan Harps 2Lagan took the lead on five minutes when Mark Hunter capitalised on a defensive error. Convoy had more possession in the first half but their two closest efforts came from headers by Paul O’ Leary and Darren Harvey. Mark Hunter had a few good efforts for Lagan. Convoy turned the game around with two goals in a five minute period. Johnny Robb fired home from twenty five yards when the Lagan defence backed off. He then capitalised on a defensive error to put Convoy in the lead. Lagan improved after this and equalised on seventy minutes when Chris Toner fired home the rebound when Mark Hunter hit the post. The game really came to life in the last fifteen minutes with both teams going for it. Paul Rodger headed over a Kevin Kelly cross and Marty Brogan shot wide as Lagan pressed. James Kee then headed over for Convoy. Convoy almost won it in the final minute when Emmett Patterson almost bundled home a loose ball but Ronan Gibson got it off the line. Emmett suffered a head injury in the clash and hopefully he’s back in action soon. For Lagan Mark Hunter and Paul Rodgers were best. Johnny Robb, Darren Harvey and Paul O’Leary were best for Convoy. Referee: Kevin Logue.CT Ball Division TwoDeele Harps 1 Letterbarrow Celtic 0On a summer-like day at The Athletic Grounds Deele entertained a determined Letterbarrow side. The home side huffed and puffed and created a number of chances but couldn’t apply the finishing touches. On 25 minutes Deele edged ahead when the in-form Kevin Lynch cut in from the right and a fired home from a tight angle. It proved to be only goal of the game with Deele wasteful in front of the nets. Chances for Shane Gallagher, Brian Breslin and Declan Lafferty went astray. Letterbarrow almost got in on goal in the dying minutes but were thwarted by the Deele defence who were on top form on the day. Team performances.Whitestrand United 1 Glenree United 3Whitestrand were pushed all the way by Glenree United at Mc Garvey Park on Sunday afternoon. Glenree had a Penalty on 6 minutes but it came off the post. It was the away team who actually had more chances and took the lead through Marty Mc Laughlin after 25minutes when he rounded the keeper to Score. Both sides had other chances in the first half with Kevin Mc Carry forcing a good save from the Glenree Keeper. The 2nd half started well for Glenree. Within 10minutes they made it 2-0. Hugh Bradley for Glenree. The 3rd goal soon followed when a big strike from Gallagher came back off the crossbar and bounced out to Kevin Doherty who smashed home his header. Whitestrand had chances with no luck but Glenree defensively stood their ground. The Whitestrand Team never gave up and kept pressing. They got their reward with a Kevin Loughrey goal 5 minutes from time. A comfortable win for Glenree. Team performance from Whitestrand. Referee: Barry Hunter.Copany Rovers 1 Ballybofey United 2Copany hosted Ballybofey in Killowen Park on Sunday in what was a keenly contested game from the first whistle. It was the home side who took the lead after 25 minutes with a neat finish from the hard working Paul Patton. Ballybofey started to put the pressure on but were unable to break the Copany back line and it remained 1-0 at the break. Ballybofey started strong in the second half and were rewarded with an equaliser on 56 minutes when a miss hit Copany clearance ended up in in their own net , and the away side were now smelling blood and they took the lead on 72 minutes when Michael Lynch tapped in from another failed Copany clearance . The home side pushed for an equaliser but Ballybofey held on for the 3 points. Two good team performances.Erne Wanderers 2 Dunkineely Celtic 1Erne Wanderers hosted Dunkineely Celtic in glorious conditions at the Lakeside Centre on Sunday and the home team got the points from a scrappy affair. The home team dominated possession for most of the first half and created a few chances but to no avail. It was Phillip Patton who broke the deadlock three minutes before the break with a subline free-kick from the edge of the box. Patton should have doubled the lead straight away when David Dorrian played him in over the top but he lofted the ball over the bar with only the keeper to beat. The second half was much the same and Patton got his second on the hour mark when he volleyed between the keepers legs for a fine finish. Wanderers then slackened off and conceded a soft goal with two minutes left when Darragh Murrin tapped in at the back post unmarked. Erne were glad to hear the final whistle at the end. Patton, Dorrian and Slevin were to the fore for the homesters with Celtic battling well to the end. Referee: Liam Mc Loughlin RESULTSSaturday 3rd OctoberOld Orchard Saturday DivisionDrumbar F.C. 1 v 5 Arranmore UnitedMulroy Celtic 3 v 5 Drumkeen UnitedGlencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionErne Wanderers Reserves 0 v 0 Donegal Town ReservesSt. Catherines Reserves 1 v 1 Keadue Rovers ReservesMilford United Reserves 7 v 0 Curragh Athletic ReservesDrumoghill FC Reserves 2 v 0 Glenree United ReservesCappry Rovers Reserves 1 v 5 Castlefin Celtic ReservesSunday 4th OctoberBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionMilford United 1 v 1 Glenea UnitedGweedore Celtic 2 v 1 Castlefin CelticCappry Rovers 0 v 0 Rathmullan CelticDrumoghill FC 2 v 1 Kilmacrennan CelticSt. Catherines FC 1 v 1 Kildrum TigersWatson Hire Division OneCranford United 0 v 9 Donegal TownKeadue Rovers 7 v 0 Kerrykeel ‘71 FCBonagee United 1 v 1 Raphoe TownConvoy Arsenal 2 v 2 Lagan HarpsGweedore United P v P Lifford CelticCT Ball Division TwoCurragh Athletic P v P Eany CelticDeele Harps 1 v 0 Letterbarrow CelticWhitestrand United 1 v 3 Glenree UnitedCopany Rovers 1 v 2 Ballybofey UnitedErne Wanderers 2 v 1 Dunkineely CelticFIXTURESSaturday 10th October K.O. 2 p.m. ( Unless Stated )Old Orchard Saturday DivisionArranmore United v Mulroy Celtic ( K.O. 1 p.m.)Drumkeen United v Fintown Harps AFCDrumbar F.C. v Glencar CelticOrchard F.C. v Strand RoversGlencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionGlenea United Reserves v Erne Wanderers ReservesCappry Rovers Reserves v St. Catherines ReservesCastlefin Celtic Reserves v Milford United ReservesGlenree United Reserves v Donegal Town ReservesCurragh Athletic Reserves v Drumoghill F.C. ReservesSunday 11th October K.O. 2 p.m. ( Unless Stated )Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionCastlefin Celtic v Cappry RoversGlenea United v Gweedore CelticKildrum Tigers v Milford UnitedKilmacrennan Celtic v St. CatherinesRathmullan Celtic v Drumoghill F.C.Watson Hire Division OneKerrykeel ’71 F.C. v Bonagee UnitedKeadue Rovers v Convoy ArsenalLifford Celtic v Cranford UnitedLagan Harps v Gweedore UnitedRaphoe Town v Donegal TownCT Ball Division TwoLetterbarrow Celtic v Whitestrand UnitedEany Celtic v Deele HarpsDunkineely Celtic v Curragh AthleticBallybofey United v Erne WanderersGlenree United v Copany Rovers DONEGAL LEAGUE: ALL THE REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: October 4th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img read more

Continue reading